Saturday, 10 June 2017

Alet les Bains Day 9

After a morning session and releasing process at the retreat we headed out to visit Rennes le Chateau, a spiritually renown area, dedicated to Magdalene energies. It is a pivotal point in the sacred geometry pentacle landscape.

The views from this area are 360 and absolutely divinely beautiful. We are here on such a clear day that we are able to see for miles and the detail you can view in the landscape is extraordinary.

The Tour Magdala known around the world, the silhouette of the construction of Bérenger Saunière dominates the Plateau and the valley of the Bals where the stream of Color flows. Bérenger Saunière started construction of the Magdala Tower at the same  as the Villa Bethany, in May 1901.

The Magdala stone tower, was the place of the privileged collection of Bérenger Saunière. In the building he built a library made of solid oak that cost him 10000 Francs. He liked to isolate himself and work on his stamp collection here of which he was particularly proud, since composed of several thousand stamps of the whole world. He acquired many rare works which adorned the shelves.

The Orangery. 

The Carolingian Pillar once supported the altar in St Mary Magdalene’s.

The pillar in which the mysteries of the Saunière fortune was said to have been found.

In January 1909 the bishop of Carcassonne transferred Saunière to the village of Coustouge. Saunière refused the nomination and resigned. He remained in Rennes-le-Château - in 1910 building a special conservatory by the side of the Villa Bethania that served as a Private Chapel, containing an Altar where he continued to celebrate Mass - obtaining his religious materials from Pascal Faraco of Carcassonne, who dealt with religious items that had previously belonged to French priests that had been expelled from the country.

Stained glass windows depicting symbolism of the Sacred Heart. Saunière stated during his ecclesiastical trial that the villa was intended as a home for retired priests

The village church dedicated to Saint Mary Magdalene has been rebuilt several times. The earliest church of which there is any evidence on the site may date to the 8th century. However, this original church was almost certainly in ruins by the 10th or 11th century, when another church was built upon the site. Surviving receipts and existing account books belonging to Saunière reveal that the renovation of the church, including works on the presbytery and cemetery, cost 11,605 Francs over a ten-year period between 1887 and 1897.

The Latin inscription Terribilis est locus iste above the church entrance, translates as: "This is a place of awe"; the rest of the dedication reads "this is God's house, the gate of heaven, and it shall be called the royal court of God."  The first part of the dedication is above the front doors—the rest inscribed on the arches over the two front doors of the church.

A close up of the dragon lines that are so clearly seen in the landscape from Rennes les Chateau.

We went to a piano mediation in this Visigoth building in the village played by a man who channels the music of Magdalene, for ½ hour he played the most  beautiful music in this building which had the most amazing acoustics.

This evening we went to Chateau des Ducs de Joyeuse for a meal which was just beautiful and the chateau was amazing.

The moon almost full by the chateau.

No comments: