Thursday 1 October 2015

California Day 1

I flew back from Florida into Los Angeles after a quite morning exploring the area around my apartment in Kissamee and having lunch.

The shuttle took me to the airport for the 5 hour flight to Los Angeles, luckily I was early as when I arrived at the airport my flight was cancelled and I was now on an earlier flight by 1 hour. Due to the rescheduling of my flight I was placed in premium economy for the flight which gave me a little more leg room which was lovely.

I checked into the Four Points by Sheraton in Los Angeles for an early night, as tomorrow I meet Deborah at the airport, she will have just landed from Australia, and she has organised to hire a car for the next few days.

I awoke early as I am so excited to see Deborah and was at the airport at 7am, she was surprisingly alert for someone who has just flown from Australia and we got the shuttle to the hire car company to pick up our White Jeep which was so lovely. We drove to La Parc Suites in West Hollywood and went and ate lunch on Sunset Boulevard. After lunch Deborah went back to the unit for a sleep and I went shopping for some groceries for our trip.

Early in the evening Deborah had booked a massage for herself and I went to the roof and found an empty cabana by the pool with my own private television and sat and relaxed.

We decided to eat in the restaurant and after dinner went for a spa and swim on the roof under the stars, Such a wonderful start to our time together in California. 

No comments: