Sunday 22 September 2013

Kournas Lake

I thought Friday would be a quieter day on the road to go and visit the highly rated only fresh water lake on Crete.
I stopped at a lookout on from Heraklion and got a few more pics.

I guess flowers by the side of the road would not last very long here. Lee-Anne figured out this is their replacement here on Crete.


Another lookout further on.

Can't beat a lovely cloud hovering above a mountain.



Another GFC casualty.

What about this tough little flowers.



Luckily I had chosen Sturdy Walking Thongs as footwear again!


But wait - I did make it to the famed lake.




Allegedly you can walk around it. I got part way and decided that the reward was not going to be worth the effort.






We have sampled some grapes which looked very similar to these.
On the way home I snapped a few pics from the car.





I still am amazed at the amount of money that must have been spent on these largely unusable structures.







No comments: